We at Chic Society co. understand purchasing hair is an investment and we want to assist you in protecting that investment. With proper care and maintenance our Virgin hair should last you 1-2 years and our raw hair 2-3+ years. Please find our care instructions below. For both hair and wigs
The first thing we recommend you do, as soon as you receive your hair and at minimum every week thereafter, is to condition wash it. This simply means, using conditioner to cleanse the hair instead of shampoo. Here at Chic Society co. our favorite conditioners to use are Aussie Moist conditioner, Aussie Moist 3 minute miracle, TRESemme Botanique Nourish and Replenish from their expert collection (smells so good) and TRESemme Moisture Rich. Your custom wig will arrive to you having already been co-washed.
1. Wet hair with warm water to open up the hair cuticles. Then apply conditioner to the hair.
2. Use your fingers or a wide tooth comb; work the conditioner into the hair starting with the ends & working your way up.
3. Leave it on for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Rinse hair thoroughly with cool water to close the cuticle & seal in moisture. Then allow the hair to air dry
Keeping your Virgin hair or raw hair full of moisture is key to keeping the hair looking and feeling gorgeous as well as increasing the longevity of it.
Shampoo strips the hair of any moisture, so we only recommend using it when you want to remove product build up on the hair ie. Hair sprays, gels, etc. We recommend shampoo with a ph no higher than 7.
1. Always detangle hair prior to washing, detangling while wet will lead to unnecessary breakage.
2. Use a wide tooth comb or our fav, a Denman brush and gently brush the hair starting with the ends.
3. Wet hair with warm water (opens the hair cuticle)and apply a shampoo
4. Lather the shampoo into the hair gently. Never scrub or bunch the hair together, as this will cause tangling.
5. Very important: Please be sure to condition the hair afterward to restore moisture lost from shampoo.
6. After conditioning, rinse hair thoroughly with cool water to close the cuticle & seal in moisture. Then allow the hair to air dry.
Our Virgin and Raw hair extensions are very high quality and maintain a natural beautiful luster all on their own so heavy hair oils are not recommended. You do not want your hair to look or feel weighed down. Using light weight oils sparingly is ok.
When styling your hair with any kind of heated styling tools, ALWAYS use a heat protectant. Recommend maximum heat of 360 degrees F when styling, anything higher is not necessary and can lead to heat related damage. The Chic Society is not responsible for heat related damage on part of the consumer. Also please note that over time, continuous use of heat will alter the hairs natural pattern.
All wefted hair will experience some shedding, its inevitable. To keep shedding minimal to almost none, we recommend using the fold over method instead of cutting and sewing around the wefts, not through them, when installing. If you can’t avoid cutting your wefts, then we highly recommend using a weft sealer. Your custom wig will arrive to you with the wefts already sealed.
Never sleep on wet hair, as this leads to unnecessary tangling. We recommend you braid or put your hair in a loose ponytail at night, and use either a silk scarf or a silk bonnet to protect it.
After coming in contact with chlorine or salt water it is important that you thoroughly cleanse your hair and condition to restore moisture.
Use the following guide to keep your curls defined and full of life.
- First detangle, always detangle curly hair when wet, use a spray bottle of water to dampen the hair fully.
- Using a denman brush, or a wide tooth comb, detangle the hair starting at the ends working your way up.
- Once fully detangled, Apply a light oil or a moisturizing leave in conditioner, and scrunch with your hands to redefine curls. Then allow to air dry
- Avoid using alcohol based products as they tend to dry out the hair
- Protect at night by pulling up into a high ponytail and wrapping a silk scarf around perimeter or cover with a silk bonnet.
These steps can be done as often as you would like. Please be sure to cleanse the hair as often as necessary to remove product build up on the hair. Too much product build up will result in lifeless curls. Please be aware, curly hair is high maintenance.
Treat this hair as if it were your own and we guarantee, you will yield the greatest return on your investment.
Lace closures and frontals are very delicate, each strand of hair is hand tied onto the lace so you must be very gentle when caring for them. Over brushing, constant manipulating, or bleaching the hair knots will cause shedding. Due to the nature of the product you can expect the lace when sew in to only last for a few weeks. When it is made into a wig expect it to last a few short months, longer if you do not wear the wig everyday. I recommend using makeup on the lace to hide the knots as opposed to bleaching them, this will undoubtedly increase the longevity of your lace.
The best way to ensure your wigs last a really long time is to have more than one available to wear. Wearing the same wig everyday can decrease the longevity of your wig. However we understand this is not always possible for everyone so following the above instructions on caring for the lace and caring for the hair will ensure you get the most return on your investment.
Tip: Mannequin heads are a great way to protect your investment at night as we do not recommend sleeping in your wig if you can help it. Allow the wig to rest on the mannequin head at night, this will give your head a break and protect the wigs style as well.